We seek to immerse the community in our ensemble playmaking process. From research to design to storybuilding, we will take participants through our exploratory theatrical journey.
• To enhance the creative life of participants
• To concretize theatrical processes that may seem abstract, thereby encouraging participants to make their own theatre and activate their own ideas
• To engage participants as thoughtful and imaginative collaborators
• To encourage participants to think about how local history and place affects their day to day lives.
• To inspire participants to take ownership of the place in which they live and to contribute to the vitality of their communities.
Summer Camp 2016
After a highly successful summer camp at the Eli Whitney Museum in the summer of 2015, we are very pleased to partner again with the Eli Whitney Museum for another camp in the summer of 2016.
Summer Camp Info »
A Broken Umbrella Theatre has worked in collaboration with Edgewood Magnet School, Cold Spring School, City Seedlings Collaborative, International Festival of Arts and Ideas, all five branches of the New Haven Free Public Library, Westville Community Nursery School, and the Yale Center for British Art.
If you would like us to bring an education program to you, please fill out the form below, and one of our company members will get back to you.